Originally from Lima, Peru, I have resided in Seattle since 1996. I have been drawn to colors, shapes, forms, and inspired by my dreams and deepest feelings.These are the motivations that have inspired me to create since I was a child and continue to drive me today. I have an extensive palette of artistic interests and abilities, from oil, acrylic, watercolors,to the photographic image.
||Kodak Professional School of Photography
||Pontifical Catholic University of Perú
||Master of Fine Arts - Painting & Engraving
|Freelance artist, illustrator, & photographer
1987 to present.
UNICEF, FAO, COTESU, and, other non profits. Freelance design & illustration–educational materials.
1986 to 1996 – Lima, Peru.
Theatre Designer Scenery & costume design
1986 to 1995 – Lima, Peru.
- Group show presented by Eastside Phantom Art Gallery. Redmond, Washington 1996
- Group show presented by Nomadic Gallery in Downtown Seattle, 1996
- Group show presented by Le Roi Gallery. Seattle, Washington 1996 -1997
- New work by Blanca Santander presented at Stonehouse Bookstore Gallery.
Redmond, Washington 1997
- Group show titled “Images of Latin American Art in Seattle”. Presented at The Hub Gallery - University of Washington. Seattle 1997
- Solo show titled “Illustrations by Blanca Santander” at Secret Garden Children’s Bookstore.
Ballard, Washington 1997
- Group show presented by University of Washington – Department of Languages Studies. Exhibit titled “Grace, Myth and Magic”. Seattle, Washington 1998
- Group show presented by Everett Community College. Everett, Washington 2000
- Group show titled “Altares - Day of the Dead” Celebrating our ancestors at Phinney Center Gallery. Seattle, Washington 2002 - 2007
- Group exhibit presented resented at Seattle Waterfront - Pier 63. Cinco de Mayo Festival. Seattle, Washington 2003
- 2nd Annual Invitational Group Show presented by Isis on First Gallery. Seattle, Washington 2003
- Group show presented by Bellevue Art Museum. Bellevue, Washington 2003
- Group show sponsored by Bank of America at Columbia Tower. Celebrating “Hispanic Heritage Month”. Seattle, Washington 2003
- Group show. Fiestas Patrias Celebration at the Center House - Seattle Center.
Seattle, Washington 2003 – 2005
- Group show presented at Kinsey Gallery – Seattle University. Exhibit titled “Remembranza”. Seattle, Washington 2004
- Group show presented by Glover Gallery. Kirkland, Washington 2004 - 2005
- Solo show – New work by Blanca Santander presented at Ballard Works. Seattle, Washington 2005
- Group show presented by Latino Boeing Employees- Boeing Field. Exhibit titled “Hispanic Heritage Celebration”. Everett, Washington 2005
- Group show titled “World Art Fest Exhibit” presented at the Center House Harrison
STGallery - Seattle Center. Washington 2005
- Latino Art Exhibition presented by Tacoma Community College -The Gallery.
Tacoma, Washington 2008
- Group show. Seattle Trade and Convention Center. Exhibit titled “Latino Art in the Northwest”. Downtown Seattle 2008
- Group exhibit presented by Edmonds Center for the Arts. Edmonds, Washington 2008
- Group show presented by Jacobs Gallery. Eugene, Oregon 2008
- 6th Annual Juried Local Art exhibition presented by The Gallery at Tacoma Community College. Tacoma, Washington 2008
- New work by Blanca Santander exhibited at La Llorona Gallery. Chicago, Illinois 2008
- Group Show. C-Art Gallery. Show titled “Small Works”. Seattle, Washington 2008
- Public Art display celebrating Day of the Dead – TAPETES at Seattle Art Museum – SAM. Seattle, Washington 2008
- Best of the Northwest at the Seattle Center - Seattle, Washington. april 2009
- Solo exhibit present by C-Art Gallery. Seattle, Washington. May 2009
- Latino art group show – Seattle City Hall sponsored by City of Seattle Employees. August - October 2009. Seattle, Washington.
- Passion for the Cure - The Puget Sound affiliate of Susan G, Komen Foundation and C Art Gallery - Juried Exhibition - September - October 2009 .
- Solo Show presented by NHLI. Albuquerque New Mexico. November 2009.
- Solo exhibit presented by La Onda Gallery, Portland, Oregon. March 2010.
- Urban Dreams & Nature Meditations presented by View Gallery at Mercer Island - August - September 2010.
- Centenial Center Gallery at the City Hall in Kent , Washington - Juried Exhibition -August 2011.
- Solo Show presented by Embassy of Peru - Washington DC - July-August 2011.
- Group show. "Portraits" presented by Seattle Municipal Tower Ethnic Heritage Art Gallery - July 16 to October 15, 2012.
- Juried Group show "! ROOTED" at Columbia City Gallery - August 8 - September 23, 2012.
- Solo Show presented by Kent Art Commission's Centenial Center Gallery - Kent, Washington - November 9, 2012 - January 2 2013.
- Oregon Coast Council for the Arts "Two Cultures - One Community" at the Newport Visual Arts Center, Oregon. September 7 to November 4, 2012.
Events & Workshops:
- Pike Place Market Foundation Annual 200 Glasses of beer Benefit 1996.
- Commission by PATH (Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health) to illustrate health Pamphlet 2001.
- Children’s Mask Workshop at Seattle Center for Fiestas Patrias. 2002.
- Serving the Latino community for many exhibits and fundraising events 2003 to 2005.
- Hispanic SEAFAIR Festival poster art and design 2005.
- Fiestas Patrias at Seattle Center poster and design 2005.
- Boeing Hispanic Heritage exhibit poster art and design 2005
- Washington Commission on Hispanic Affairs 2005 Annual report cover art 2005.
- Washington Commission on Hispanic Affairs 2006 Annual report cover art 2006.
- Mask Workshop for the Department of Modern Languages at Seattle University 2006.
- Mother Earth - Pachamama. Mix media sculpture workshop for Xavier Global House, Modern Languages & Literature at Seattle University. 2007.
- SAM - Day of the Dead installation -tapete (sand painting) 2007-2008.
- Tacoma Art Museum - Day of the Dead installation -tapete (sand painting) 2007.
- Mercer Island Middle School - Workshop - Day of the Dead installation -tapete (sand painting) 2008.
- Merced Island Middle School – Workshop – Mural 2008.
- SOTA School of the Arts, Tacoma Multimedia Presentation to student body 2008.
- Rainier Cultural Center – Workshop – Mariposas 2008.
- Latino Cultural Magazine – Illustration of children’ stories 2008.
- Beyond one Language – Illustration and design 2008.
- The Little School - Workshop -Painting and Mosaic - 2007 - 2009.
- The Little School – Illustration and Design for Poster and invitations – Annual Auction 2009.
- US Census Bureau 2010 - Featured artist in Northwest Region - Calendar, Children's Book, and Posters.
- Seattle Rainbow Book House presents: "A Peanut in My Mommy's Belly" children book Illustrated by Blanca Santander. 2010.
- Hola Festival Poster 2010 - Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Cleveland State University - Illustration and Poster Design - October 2010 - 2011.
- Cleveland State University - "In, Out and Beyond" copyright 2011, dust cover image "Mother Earth and the Moon" - July 2011.
- Nordstrom Latina Summit - 2009 -2010 -2011 - 2012.
Awards and Distinctions
1987- First place in national contest to illustrate textbooks for rural school children, sponsored by FAO Holland.
1989- First place awarded in the Peruvian Central Reserve Bank Engraving Competition. Selected to create new Peruvian currency.
1990- Second place award in the InterAmerican Photo competition.
1991- Honorable Mention at the Images of Peru - Photographic Competition sponsored by Union Latina.
2006- Sea Mar community Health Centers - Public Collection.
2007- Honors for Excellence, Contribution and Achievements in the Advancements of Fine Arts and Education, Centro Cultural Hispano Americano and the Spanish & Portuguese Studies of the University Of Washington, (Seattle, WA)
of culture through the arts, education, and their achievements in the Northwest.
2009- Featured artist Barnes and Noble Booksellers - National Hispanic Heritage Month - "Mother Earth and the Moon" Promotional Tote Bag , Gift Cards and advertising September - October 2009.
2009- First Place Award National Hispana Leadership Institute 2009 "Mujer Awards poster Artwork contest” – July 2009.
2009- ON ANGELS MAGAZINE - Honorable Mention -November 2009.
2010-2011 - Featured artist Barnes & Noble Booksellers - National Hispanic Heritage Month - "Mother Earth and the New World"Promotional Tote bag and advertising -September - October 2010-2011.
2011- First Place - Award Winner at Juried Exhibit in City Hall Centenial Center Gallery, Kent, Washington - August 2011.